Carnation Festival

Carnation Festival Temporary Business and Tax License
  • Apply for the License: Use this form.
  • License Fee: FREE
  • Tax Deposit if You Sell Things: $50
  • Special Notes:
    • Post the license or keep it handy for inspection.
    • Already licensed? Great! Bring a copy of your license with you. No deposit is required.
Sales Tax
You may include tax in the price to keep your sales simple, if you post a sign saying you do.
  • Sales tax applies to:
    • Sales of food
    • Sales of merchandise
    • NOT face-painting, henna tattoos, balloon bending, cheap object bending or neck rubs: pay tax when you buy supplies!
  • If you're licensed for the event only, the return is due within 20 days of the event.
  • If you're a regular license holder, remit the tax with your usual return.
  • ONLINE filing is available to all licensed participants.
  • What happens if you file late:
    • a 10% penalty or $15, whichever is more
    • interest
  • What happens if you don't file:
    • The tax deposit is forfeited.
    • We might not license you next year, or send flying monkeys to your door.
  • The Tax Division will be happy to assist you with any tax and licensing questions. Please view the staff directory for contact information.
  • Tax staff will also roam the event.